From: Geurt Vos (G.Vos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-28 03:00:35

> > [ this is about whether <threading>single or <threading>multi ]
> > [ should be the default jam option for building boost. Single ]
> > [ is currently the default ]
>
> (**) I think I want to hear one or two other opinions before we decide
> this decision was wrong. People seemed pretty well convinced it was
> right once upon a time.

I think the decision was wrong. I think neither makes
sense as default. I mean, it depends on the application
whether single or multi threading is required. So why
not build single _and_ multi threaded libs. Just like
the default build results in 'debug' and 'release' libs.

Concerning Linux. I want to copy the libs to /usr/local/lib
so I can conveniently link against them. This basically
means the four variants should have different names.
(actually, I think by default a debug build is useless,
so I don't care if debug and release libs will have the
same names).

Geurt