From: Mat Marcus (mmarcus-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-07 15:18:24

Did a bit more research on this. It seems that Rene Rivera posted a
hacked Jamfile for msvc/graphviz on boost-users last month (see
below). This appears to work. No I am curious. Is there a way to
incorporate something like this into the real Jamfile? Or should I be
playing with v2? Maybe not since the Jamfile.v2 seems to require lex
and yacc. I am trying to get the graphviz stuff to work in a the
context of a group containing individuals with bare-bones
environments. If I require too many external tools then I will face
barriers to acceptance.

Thanks,
Mat

subproject libs/graph/build ;

SOURCES = graphviz_graph_lex graphviz_digraph_lex
graphviz_graph_parser graphviz_digraph_parser ;

GRAPHVIZ_DEFS(graphviz_graph_parser) =
GRAPHVIZ_GRAPH=boost::GraphvizGraph
GRAPHVIZ_DIRECTED=0
;
GRAPHVIZ_DEFS(graphviz_digraph_parser) =
GRAPHVIZ_GRAPH=boost::GraphvizDigraph
GRAPHVIZ_DIRECTED=1
;

{

rule bgl-lib-file
{
local objects source defs ;
defs = $(DEFINES) ;
for source in $(>)
{
DEFINES = $(defs) $(GRAPHVIZ_DEFS($(source:B))) ;
objects += [ Objects $(source) ] ;
}
LibraryFromObjects $(<) : $(objects) ;
}
local gGENERATOR_FUNCTION(LIB) = bgl-lib-file ;

lib bgl-viz
: ../src/$(SOURCES).cpp
: <sysinclude>$(BOOST_ROOT)
: debug <inlining>on #inlining prevents linker name clashes due to
truncation!
;

}

--On Sunday, September 07, 2003 12:18 PM -0700 Mat Marcus