From: Rob & Lori (Rob.Lori_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-08 17:24:22

Anthony, I took a look at your work, and I quite like it. I am actually
doing something very similar to the current version of my pluggable
factory class (which I've yet to upload to the boost files section)
except it never occured to me that the ctor_fn would be useful outside
the factory class. It seems only obvious now.

Personally, I think a ctor_fn implementation should be part of boost,
but it seems not too many people are interested in such a feature, just
like factory classes. I'm still trying to figure out why. Heck, there
are a few boost libraries which have implemented ctor_fn like
functionality for their own internal use. You'd think it would be about
time that we made it officially part of the library.

Rob Geiman