From: Brock Peabody (brock.peabody_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-13 10:37:58

Hi Joaquin,

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z

[...]

> I hope I made myself clear, the issue is rather messy. Conclusion
> is that I'd rather keep these aliases. I'm open to discussion, though
:)

Yes, your reasons for the aliases make sense.

> Looks good! What is the library aimed at?

I wanted to provide a seamless way to serve and call functions remotely.
For the client it should provide an interface as close to a normal
function call as possible. The server shouldn't have to do anything but
provide the required set of functions (or function objects).

> Planning on boosting it?

I'd have to boost my TCP/IP library first :)

> No standard name that I know of. We could call it "tagged types" :)

Well, I'm sure that if your library becomes part of boost we'll see the
"tagged type" technique used more frequently.

Regards,
Brock