From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-15 10:36:54

Fellow Boosters,

I have just loaded Serialization Draft #12 to the files section.

It incorporates numerous small changes submitted by many
people who have built it on differing platforms. The manual
includes a new section on creating ones own archive formats.

MSVC 7.0 compiles, links and passes all tests.
MSVC 7.1 I have reports of successful compile
Commeau
        compile issues with non-intrusive serializer
        library and test link problems - I think these are bjam/jamfile related
GCC 3.2 with Cygwin
        This combination doesn't support wide character i/o
        compiles, links, and passes all test except xml

Regarding the issue with GCC.3.2 above:

Libray with a couple of (benign?) warnings
All tests compile and build without errors
tests using xml_archives throw signal just after entering test_main !
so far I have been unable to determine the cause of this. Any
help on this would be appreciated.

Robert Ramey