From: Ehsan Akhgari (ehsan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-15 16:29:07

Environment: VC++ 7.1, Boost 1.30.2

When I try to #include <boost/pool/pool_alloc.hpp>, I get the following
error message from the compiler:

VC++.cpp
E:\boost\boost\pool\detail\mutex.hpp(28) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
open include file: 'unistd.h': No such file or directory

Looking at <boost/pool/detail/mutex.hpp>, it seems that the header
requires the __WIN32__ symbol to be defined on Win32. The usual symbol
in VC++ which is used in the Win32 Platform SDK headers as well is
_WIN32, however. I worked around the problem by adding:

// workaround for boost/pool/pool_alloc.hpp requiring __WIN32__ on Win32
#ifdef _WIN32
# define __WIN32__
#endif

before the aforementioned header inclusion. Just wanted to see if this
is the intended behavior, and if so, the rationale behind it.

Thanks!