From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-16 09:18:04

Baris,

>I want to sure really my generated true random numbers. How can i tested?

Please don't take this too personally, but anyone who has to ask that
question shouldn't be thinking of writing a random number generator. At
least not until they have spent enough years studying random number issues
to know the answer in their sleep.

The reason for saying this that is that random number generators have a
long history of embarrassing failures. Furthermore, the ratio of failures
to successes is very large. They look so easy, but are actually so hard.

Knuth's "The Art of Computer Programming", volume 2, is a good place to
start.

HTH,

--Beman