From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-17 08:39:50

Joaquín Mª López Muñoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> writes:

> John Maddock ha escrito:
>
>> > Having into account that the bug spans across several compilers
>> > (at least two), is this important enough to deserve a defect macro
>> > in Boost.Config? If so, I can provide a test for it.
>>
>> Looks like it: what do we call the macro? Do you want to supply the test
>> program? (see Boost.config docs for the details),
>
> Something like
>
> BOOST_NO_POINTERS_TO_MEMBERS_AS_NON_TYPE_TEMPLATE_ARGUMENTS
>
> (admittedly a little long, but cutting anything will lead to confusing
> interpretations.)

BOOST_NO_POINTER_TO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_ARGUMENTS

This can only be misinterpreted by someone who doesn't know the
language terminology, it seems to me.

> Please find test code at the end of this mail. Checked to work for
> g++3.2 under Cygwin and to fail (as it should) in MSVC ++6.5 and
> Intel C++ 7.1 for Windows.

Watch out: Intel C++ can be set up to emulate vc6, vc7, and (soon)
vc7.1. The config setting may be different for those cases.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting