From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-21 03:11:03

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 01:42:41PM +0100, John Maddock wrote:
> > I have a problem when using regex v4 from cvs. I'm porting my code from v3
> > to v4 version,
> > and I have encountered a problem when using regex_search.
> >
> > One of the test cases I need to compile is trying to do something like
> > this:
> >
> > vector<int> vec;
> > regex rx("whatever");
> > match_results m;
> >
> > regex_search( vec.begin(), vec.end(), m, rx, match_default );
> >

> > My code is somewhat more complicated, but it is only forward to this call.
> > The problem occurs only when trying to search in the container with a
> > different char_type then the one
> > in the regex. In version v3 it worked fine, I have only changed
> > match_flags type from unsigned int to match_flag_type.
> > Has something changed since then?
> >
> Yes, the matching code has been completely re-written - I can fix this - but
> remember that your int's will get truncated to char's during matching.

I'm aware of truncation. The code I'm working on is the string_algo library.
And part of it wraps regex in a specific way. In the version v3 of regex, there
was no restriction in the char types of regex and the container. I only need
to know if this feature is still supported or deprecated (I see that is should
be supported), so I can adjust interfaces accordingly.

> Fixes coming to cvs soon, once I've done some more testing, and reduced the
> amount of truncation that's going on....

Thanks,

Pavol