From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-23 09:39:03

At 04:32 AM 9/23/2003, Anthony Williams wrote:

>Thomas Becker <tmbecker1_at_[hidden]> writes:
>> The zip iterator that's in the Boost CVS right now was
>> written under the assumption that the new iterator
>> categories are available. ...
>
>Possibly, but the new categories aren't here yet, are they? They're not
>even in the library TR...

That particular point should be resolved the last week of October. The C++
committee will be meeting in Kona, Hawaii, and will made a decision at that
time. Because of ISO TR time requirements, my understanding is the decision
has to be made then.

That doesn't answer Anthony's other concerns, but at least we will know if
the new categories are to be a part of the TR, and thus very mainstream
standard C++.

--Beman