From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-25 08:16:27

Hi,
I'm porting the regression test system to Boost.Build V2 and config_link_test
causes some problems. The test does not run, because it can find shared
library. This happens on Linux.

It works with V1 because it set LD_LIBRARY_PATH before running the test.
In V2, there's a choice. First alternative would be to use the same logic as
V1 uses. But on gcc, it's possible to use new <hardcode-dll-paths> feature,
which will append necessary -rpath options to compiler. In that case, the
binary would run ok even if no environment variable is set.

The question is: will adding -rpath options be ok? I actually don't understand
what the test does so can't judge myself.

TIA,
Volodya