From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-29 00:05:53

David Abrahams wrote:

> Stephen Torri <storri_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>> Which version of Boost are you using? Even GCC 3.3 is supported in the
>>> latest stable version.
>>
>> 1.27.0-3 (Debian 3.0)
>
> Well, the message is appropriate then. Boost 1.27.0 was never
> configured/tested for GCC 3.2.3, because it wasn't released yet.

Stephen, I guess it's better to get the most recent Boost package. My debian
box has 1.30.2 and you probably can get it for yourself by running

  apt-get -t unstable install libboost
  apt-get -t unstable install libboost-dev

(thought this might require update of gcc, as well, and that's a big
change).

>>> There is a configure script in <boost-root>/libs/config/. I suggest
>>> you to read the (beginning of the) documentation in
>>> <boost-root>/libs/config/config.htm. It should answer your
>>> questions.
>>
>> That was not included with the installation. I would have to download
>> and try to install the boost stuff separately.
>
> Nobody from boost prepared your installation, so you might report
> this omission to whoever that was.

In fact, if libboost-doc package in installed, then the file is in

    /usr/share/doc/libboost-doc/HTML/libs/config/config.htm

- Volodya