From: Alan.Griffiths_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-10-02 04:49:39

There is a standard defining C++ exception handling [CEH].

*Microsoft* have implemented a similar technology SEH on their platform.
SEH has more features than C++ exceptions and is close to being a superset
of CEH (it might even be one - I haven't time to make that determination).

I have no issue with CEH exceptions being treated as SEH exceptions.

You argue the converse but have failed to demonstrate either the
desirability or feasibility of treating SEH exceptions as CEH exceptions to
anyones satisfaction. Dave et al. have repeatedly explained the issues with
it - and make sense.

The problem is not the C++ standard; it is that is that catch (...) treates
SEH as CEH.

Enjoy your life.

--
Alan Griffiths