From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-03 17:56:02

Pavol Droba <droba_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Given this structure, "new" interface is just a part of layer
> 2. This is the presentation layer, but it should be documented
> so. Core should be always the layer 1 ( and the "old" interface
> ). It is very importatn due to extensibility reasons.

You've got it upside-down, if you care about compile-time efficiency.
Using any one of the nested declarations of the "old" interface causes
them all to be instantiated. If you *must* maintain the "old"
interface (and I still don't see a good reason for it) it should be
built on top of the "new" one.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting