From: Stefan Slapeta (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-04 07:23:29

"John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> We've been through endless bouts of thrashing with this config
[...]
> Also we shouldn't be using _WCHAR_T_DEFINED as a check in the header,
> because that gets set by the windows headers even if wchar_t isn't a native
> type.

IMO, with the existing macros it is not possible to handle a native wchar_t in
VC 6 and that's why I suggested to drop it at all. Anyway, though I've opened
a feature request for an additional intel specific macro, in the meantime I'm
not really sure whether this would pay off just for 6.0 (I must admit I really
don't at the moment if the native wchar_t type was introduced by 7.0 or 7.1
and if there are similar problems with 7.0 therefore).

Regards, Stefan