From: Vincent Finn (vincent.finn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-16 11:16:49

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:11:55 +0300, "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

>Vincent Finn wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been using boost::shared_ptr for ages without problems but I
>> recently added it to an existing project and it won't compile
>>
>> I gives the following error
>> C:\LIBS\BOOST_1_30_0\boost/detail/shared_count.hpp(116) : error C2039:
>> 'type_info' : is not a member of 'std'
>>
>> I have compared the project settings to other projects I use it in an
>> found nothing wrong
>>
>> I am on Win2K and using VC6 Sp5
>> RTTI is switched on in the project
>>
>> Has anyone seen this?
>> Any idea what might be wrong?
>
>That's odd. Your <typeinfo> probably declares type_info in the global
>namespace and doesn't say namespace std { using ::type_info; } afterwards.
>VC6SP5's <typeinfo> header does have the using directive, though. STLport?
>Or something else unusual?

I wrote a reply to this but amn't sure what happened it, using a new
news reader :-(

I am using the default library (i.e. VC98\Include)
One thing I noticed is that when I "Go to definition" in the project
that works it takes me to <typeinfo> as expected
in the projects that don't work it takes me to <typeinfo.h> which
doesn't have the namespace

I don't know what the cause of the confusion is though
there are no includes for <typeinfo.h> in my code but this is a Com
and MFC project so there are a lot of includes lying around
Even if it was included I can't see why there would be a problem

        Vin