From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-28 10:27:14

[2003-10-27] Jeffrey Graham wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>I Just successfully built 1.30.2 (RH Linux 9), but I have a few unknowns:
>
>1. how to build static libraries (I want a static boost thread library)

You need to build such a library yourself. There are long discussions about
why there is no static library for Boost.Thread, search the archive.

>2. how to "install" everything to a separate tree
>
>I tried using ./configure --prefix=<where I want things to install>
>--enable-static.
>
>Do not know how to tell bjam the equivalent

There isn't one, yet. We are trying to get an install procedure finished for
the next release.

PS. Don't be afraid to use the sources directly. They are few and tend to
work if you just compile then ;-)

HTH.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera (at) acm.org - grafik (at) redshift-software.com
-- 102708583 (at) icq