From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-01 15:32:32

"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> My instinct is to accept more, use more, modify and improve more
>> - but finally deprecate more.
>
> Deprecation is hard. ;-)

Why do you think so?

It's hard for the LWG, but I've had little problem doing it within
Boost. Boost.Python v1 is deprecated and removed from the CVS except
as an archive. The 2nd version is different enough to be thought of
as a competing library that "won". Maybe it's easier for me because
I'm the author of both. I think that if we ever really need to
deprecate competing libraries we ought to consider "deprecation
reviews"... but I much prefer what's happening with
Spirit/Fusion/Tuples/Lambda: cooperation, integration, and
unification.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting