From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-02 14:10:05

The Boost.Test library is failing to build on GCC 2.95.3, causing a huge
number of regressions on that compiler. The culprit? The GCC 2.95.3 standard
library doesn't define std::ios_base; it calls the same thing std::ios. I can
see two solutions:

1) Add a macro BOOST_IOS_BASE that is defined to ios_base unless we are using
GCC 2.95.3's library, in which case we define it to ios.

2) When we detect the base case, add this:
  namespace std {
    typedef ios ios_base;
  }

I'm inclined to go with #1. If there are no objections, I'll go ahead and make
this change, and modify all libraries using ios_base to use BOOST_IOS_BASE
instead.

        Doug