From: Drazen DOTLIC (Drazen.Dotlic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-04 05:09:44

> Hi Drazen,
>
> First of all, you replied this email to somebody, and my
> problem is that I
> didn't
> get that email from that somebody. Can you tell me please who
> is the person
> that wrote you the email and
> do you have any idea why I haven't get the email? Is because
> it was sent
> only to you?

Hi,

I don't think the mail was sent to me - it ended up in my boost folder,
which happens only if it matches a rule, and that works only if it comes
from boost mailing list. Unfortunately, my email client does not add the
person I am replying to into the quoted text (or I don't know how to set
it up :) which is more likely), but if you must now, it was Anthony
Williams.

> Second, I have a big app that uses: boost libs, my libs,
> other 3rd party
> libs. If my choises are: add that flag either to
> *all* libs (and of course .exe) or to none, then I'm not sure
> if I can add
> that flag as maybe the other 3rd party libs
> won't "like" it.
> I also don't think that it is safe to add that flag _just_ to
> boost libs and
> my libs as I can get into troubles
> if some parts have this flag and some don't.
> So, I really don't know what I should do ... :(

I was under impression that we all agree (take that with grain of salt,
I might have misunderstood people) that one shouldn't mix settings for
different parts of the application. So, IMO, whatever you choose, stick
to it for all or nothing. Also, if you can, use the /Zc:wchar_t switch -
the ugly hack with typedef to unsigned short is just that - ugly hack.
Whether you can or not I can't say - probably the easiest is just to
try. It depends on other libraries, boost for sure can handle it (and
does handle it) properly in either case - if it's on, it's treated
normally (as a type), if it's not, some parts of functionality are
missing (correctly).

We did not use this switch only because we _know_ for sure that Xerces
and Xalan do not compile correctly with this switch on.

Drazen