From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-04 16:41:16

--- David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
[...]
> Please. If you wrote that code expecting it to print a random
> sequence of numbers, do you really think it would be in a system
> where it would cause real danger?

Jeez, it is not about a random sequence of numbers, the point
is that it is not safe to use 'v' after catch(...) on
a real system.
If you call yourself an expert you've got to be responsible
because a lot of people are going to use your advise with
not too much thinking (it is normal).
Without mentioning that on real system, it is not safe to
use 'v', your sample looks like an amateur (no offence)
theoretical excersize.
It is sad when I see "unsafe" use
of try/catch even in "high-end" C++ libraries...
and it is ironic that it is done for the sake of safety. :)

Sorry, I think I am done with this thread too.

Eugene