From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-07 07:51:42

> 1. Copied you Jamfile into .../test/build directory
> 2. run bjam ... in .../test/example directory - got linker errors caused
by
> missing new libs names.

Yep - currently you need to disable auto-linking for bjam builds of test
programs - defining BOOST_WHATEVER_NO_LIB for those targets is the usual
method (assuming BOOST_WHATEVER_NO_LIB disables auto-linking in your code).

Rene - is there any way in which a test that is dependent upon say
<lib>whatever could actually be made dependent upon the staged and
name-mangled version of that library ?

> 3. run bjam ... install in .../test/build directory - got "Don't know how
> build install"

As Rene has said,that only works from boost-root, just use:

bjam
or bjam stage
or bjam all

> 4. run bjam ... stage in .../test/build directory - got "Couldn't create
> directory D:\Source" from command
> mkdir D:\Source Files\boost\stage\lib
> 5. Created above directory manualy and repeated command from p.4. Got
> "Invalid command syntax" from all commands
> copy ......\libboost......lib D:\Source Files\boost\stage\lib

Sounds like some bugs - my paths don't have spaces in them :-)

John