From: Philippe A. Bouchard (philippeb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-13 02:02:21

Hi there Boosters,

    I have discussed a little about the actual s*_ptr design and I got asked
why the mutex inside the counted_base couldn't be used externaly to lock the
object as well as the counter. I have never tought of this but it seems
pretty much relevant. So in fact I would like to add some sort of explicit
access to the mutex in the current interface of shared_ptr, so as
shifted_ptr.

    Also, I would like to suggest some rewritten documentation of
intrusive_ptr because at first look I do not know really how to use the
pointer and why (speed benefits is not mentionned -- its virtue).

    Finally, my apologies if I am not replying fast enough; I am not
studying right now nor I am doing any research. I am about to mix pointers
together... but I never had a perfect grade in my exams ;) Thus...
proposals are always welcome.

Thanks,

Philippe