From: Matthew Wilson (stlsoft_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-17 20:36:43

> 6. boost::intrusive_ptr

Have tried this, and it works about the same as my Synesis class.
Interestingly, looking at the implementations, they do almost exactly the
same things. :)

> 7. shared_ptr, but with #define BOOST_SP_USE_QUICK_ALLOCATOR

Have just tried this. It makes a snall difference. However, my makefile and
test cases are growing exponentially. Hence I'd like to know what the quick
allocator does, and whether it would be something that would be seriously
considered in a development system.

I'm guessing it's the D&E style
allocate-from-big-block-and-delete-does-nothing thing. If so, then one would
not use it in processes that have non-trivial lifetimes. However, it may
not. Please advise.

> 8. shared_ptr, but with detail/shared_count.hpp replaced with
>
> http://www.pdimov.com/cpp/shared_count_x86_exp2.hpp
>
> to the list.

Am just about to do this.

> Would it be possible for you to share the source of the benchmarks?

I will do, as soon as you can advise on the form & destination, as per my
other post.

Cheers

Matthew