From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-17 23:37:56

"Matthias Schabel" <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
 I think it might be nice to get together an informal
> dimensional analysis/unit library working group
> to try to hash out issues more efficiently and get something
> full-fledged put together. Code is in the Yahoo
> files section : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/YANL.zip

Hi Matt I have had a look at your code and compiled on VC7.1 MSos with a
couple of mods.

template<class T>
void write_typeid()
{
  // std::system((std::string("c++filt ")+
                // std::string(typeid(T).name())).c_str());
    std::cout << typeid(T).name()<< std::endl;
}

One major gripe.
I have had to change the includes from this
#include < mcs/units/myfile.hpp>
to this
#include "mcs/units/myfile.hpp".
which is annoying.

As far as the rest goes, the MPL stuff looks very impressive
and I like the removal of dimensions with power 0.
On that subject it would be nice once having arrived at a dimensionless pq
to convert to the value_type direct.
ie ideally a dimensionless pq is never constructed

 If you wrote up documentation on that I would be interested and
comparing my stuff with yours I have to admit that most on Boost will
probably prefer yours... because its nice and technical :-)
but to convey what youre doing it obviously needs documentation.

If you do set up a working group on units/d.a./pqs whatever I would be
interested.

Meanwhile I will try to practise what I preach and get my version up on
boost, for contrast.
What I am trying to achieve is best summed up in this previous post.

http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg55344.php

Would be interesting to see how it would look with your scheme ?

regards
Andy Little