From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-20 10:48:10

Rene, some more comments for you:

In the supported toolsets table, can you make the entries for msvc and
msvc-stlport clear that these are for vc6, and that the user should use the
vc7/vc7.1 toolsets for the later compilers (otherwise the libraries get
named in such a way that auto-linking doesn't work). We should probably add
vc7-stlport and vc7.1-stlport toolsets as well (these are pretty much
trivial to do, I can provide these if that would help).

In build and install section the c:\\boost needs the extra \ removing again.

We need some documentation on the BUILD environment variable. I think I
would also support setting defaulting the build options (in the top level
Jamfile) to "release debug <runtime-link>static/dynamic
<threading>multi/single" on windows and leaving the current "release debug
<threading>multi/single" setting for Unix only, if that makes sense.

Finally a question for you - does the install step on windows place the
dll's in the system path?

Thanks,

John.