From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-27 11:39:37

Stefan Seefeld <seefeld_at_[hidden]> wrote in

> I believe composition is indeed a very powerful concept, in
> GUIs in particular. But it imposes lots of constraints on the
> design, and it may not always be easy (or even possible) to
> fit such a paradigm with conventional GUI designs.

It seems MS agree. IIUC, this is the approach taken in XAML and the next
version of the Windows OS. If this is true, I expect we will see a lot
more about GUI composition in the next few years <g>

I guess further speculation goes way off-topic (and off-list) for Boost,
but it might be worth checking out some of the Longhorn/Avalon information
that has been put on the web since MS PDC last month.

AlisdairM