From: Kevin Wheatley (hxpro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-01 07:33:34

David Abrahams wrote:

> I just noticed that our como-win32 toolset (and I don't know how many
> other EDG-based toolsets) are set to do link-time instantiation. That
> means we may be getting misleading results for compile and
> compile-fail tests. What should we do about it?

Certainly this applies to SGI's MIPSPro 7.41 results, where I would
add the following:

-demangle -dont_warn_unused

on the linker flags and:

-quiet_prelink (N.B. not as the man page suggests -quiet_prelinker)

on the CC flags, I'd probably also add the following to the ignored
warnings -woff 1234 to disable the 'Access control is not specified
("private" by default)' warnings.

helps with the regression logs at least.

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley                   | These are the opinions of |
| Senior Do-er of Technical Things | nobody and are not shared |