From: Spinka, Kristofer (kspinka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-02 19:10:46

John, All,

   I see this has been brought up time after time,
however, I think this is a very valuable feature.
 Microsoft's .NET regular expression object supports this
and I find it very useful. I use a little tool called
Expresso to test regular expression patterns, if you want
to try some tests.

   It would be nice if the sub_match struct had a
collection member, also accessible by an index operator
([]), that would normally be null, unless there were
sub_match?s. Also, the existing cast operator for the
string could be expanded to iterate through them.

   Is something like this in the works? Or maybe even
already available?

   Thanks,

   /kristofer