From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-07 12:27:43

"Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> your implementation looks ok (I have not testet it), but the problem is
> often that you want the size of a variable and not a
> type, eg,
>
> sizer( my_array_variable );
>
> which makes the code look a lot different.

Fortunately, I only need the size of an array type. AlistairM's original
suggestion works at runtime for an array variable. I'm having trouble
thinking of an example where you need the size of an array variable at
compile-time, but you don't have access to its type. I'm assuming from the
discussion that this need has come up. Could you give an example?

Thanks.

Jonathan