From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-12 08:29:57

On 2003-12-12, Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Phil Richards wrote:
> > I have to say that the lack of documentation was the thing that
> > stopped me from using the MPL in the physical quantities library
> > I started writing as a progression of what we use on a (real) project.
> Hmm, have you looked here -
> http://www.boost.org/libs/mpl/doc/ref/Table_of_Contents.html?

Yes.

> All algorithms and in particular [the current version of] 'transform' are
> pretty well documented -
> http://www.boost.org/libs/mpl/doc/ref/Algorithms.html.

Well, yes. It documents:

    template<typename Sequence, typename Op>
    struct transform { ... };

And Dave Abrahams ACCU slides use:

    template <class Sequence1, class Sequence2, class BinaryOp>
    struct transform;

I tried some basic things with zip_view and transform_view
but quickly hit a point where I couldn't work out how to get
things to work together - after a few hours of reading
the existing documentation and hunting header files, I went
for the dumb approach. And then I quickly (within half an
hour) had got a working (but ugly macro-based) solution
which didn't use the MPL. I would still like to get to an
MPL solution as a comparison, though. I suspect it will look
a lot prettier. It's just a matter of time...

phil

--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email