From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-15 06:35:50

> >#ifdef __GNUC__
> >#pragma warning "Threading support unavailable, please check that you
are
> >using the correct command line options, for example:"
>
> That's still too polite. How about:
>
> "Compiler threading support is not turned on. Please set the correct
> command line options for threading. For example:"
>
> >#pragma warning " -pthread (on linux)
> >#pragma warning " -pthreads (on solaris)
> >#pragma warning " -mthreads (on mingw32)
> >#error "stopping compilation due to lack of threading support in the
> >compiler"
>
> "Stopping compilation due to lack of correct compiler options for
> threading."

Yep, agreed, a draft of the header along with two trivial test programs
attached, I'm unsure whether to place this under boost/config or
boost/threads, any preferences?

Bill, are you happy with this (and the minor changes it implies for the
thread lib headers?

I'd really like this to out in the next release if possible - I think it
will cut down the support requests quite a bit.

Thanks,

John.