From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-26 21:38:06

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003, David Abrahams wrote:
> Douglas Paul Gregor <gregod_at_[hidden]> writes:
> > Why put it into the config library test suite? Do you have any use for
> > this as a macro?
>
> No, but I don't know any other place where we just test for compiler
> bugs.
>
> I don't feel very strongly about this, but it does seem like it's just
> going to make the library look broken when it's actually fully
> functional.

Heh. Have you looked at the Function regression tests? They're a bloody
mess of expected failures on lots of compilers... I guess the difference
between this test and other compile-fail tests that the library can't
really do much to make it fail, and we're only adding it because we know
some compilers get it wrong. But perhaps there's a fix, to make these
compilers pass the compile-fail test? At least if we add a test we won't
forget about it :)

        Doug