From: Dan W. (danw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-03 01:09:03

> Throwing an exception is sometimes a lot better than terminating the entire
> program. Imagine
> a big application in which a sub-app fails. So how does Eiffel document
> exceptions?

I never said or implied that exceptions are "bad". Precisely, the DBC
'fuses' are only compiled in debug mode because you don't want to stop
the application out there in the real world. DBC is for debugging, NOT
for handling exceptional situations in production code. For that you use
exceptions.

I don't know how Eiffel documents exceptions, and I don't care, I'm
using Eiffel as a model of DBC implementation, not as a model of
exceptions specification.