From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-04 11:17:52

Dan W. wrote:

> I suppose that by "export everything" you mean that, for instance,
> implementation classes declared and defined in a cpp file, still show up
> as linkable to?

Yes. Even things in anonymous namepaces and C style statics show up as
linkable. And there is no difference if it's in a .h of .cpp, it's all one
compilation unit. The point is that the linker knows nothing, and has to
assume everything, unless told otherwise by the compiler.

This is one of the reasons why use of templates slows down compiles. They
generate a large number of linkable symbols.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything