From: Li Lirong (lirong_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-05 02:11:15

Robert Ramey wrote:

> If you wan't to keep a copy of the current state of the object
> you can copy the object to a stack. Of course you have to
> keep track of pointers and decide whether or not they
> should be deep copied, are NULL, etc.

It seems to me that all of these has been done in the serialization
library. And it is not trivial to implement all of these myself.

> My question is, you can do it without the the serialization library.
> Is there some advantage to using the serialization libary that
> isn't obvious to me or hasn't occured to me?

It is clear to me that there are advantages. It relieves me from
writing another set of functions to save/load the state of the object
and to keep track of pointers. After all, it is almost identical to the
normal serialization process.

Hope it can be in the final version of the library.

BTW, when using vc7.0/7.1, do we still have to add "/OPT:NOREF" to the
linker options?

Thank you,
Lirong