From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-09 10:06:38

John Maddock wrote:

> Current cvs should work moderately well with that compiler - all the config
> and type_traits and regex tests are passing for example - however a lot of
> tests fail if you try and build them with debug info (internal compiler
> errors), and there are some strange behaviours when in MSVC compatibility
> mode (ADL doesn't work for example, and as you note the compiler pretends to
> be VC6 which messes up all kinds of things). At some point we will need to
> check all the __BORLANDC__ workarounds : but that's a big job, and at the
> moment the compiler appears too unstable to use it to regularly regression
> test against.

Thanks John, I noticed the compiler seemed fairly instable when I last
tried to use it and gave up. It also can't handle multi-threaded code
at the moment which means testing on any of our 'real' code is out of
the question.

I have been quite encouraged just to see some of the libraries such as
lambda and the preferred syntax for function working correctly,
hopefully they are an indication that Borland is on the right track with
bccx.

Do you know if the CVS changes made so far will be in the 1.31 release,
or was the branch made before they were checked in?

Thanks

Russell