From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-11 18:28:07

Roland wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>>Roland wrote:
>>
>>>Perhaps I should just tell you what I did and you can then tell me wheter it supposed to be that way:
>>>
>>>1) Updated from cvs
>>>2) Launched command prompt in root directory and: bjam "-sTOOLS=msvc"
>>>3) copied the resulting *.lib and *.dll files to the apropriate places.
>>>4) Tried to compile my app:
>>> Need to choose Static MFC _and_ Static C-Runtime.
>>> Every other combination results in link errors.
>>
>>Which Boost *.lib-s are you linking with?
>
> boost_thread-vc6-mt-1_31.lib
> boost_thread-vc6-mt-gd-1_31.lib
>
> Can you see anything helpful from this?

No. You are using the correct libraries. I just tried a similar sequence myself:

1. Update CVS.
2. Ran at the boost-root; bjam -sTOOLS=vc7.1 install
3. Created a new VC solution, and MFC project
4. Added c:\boost\include\boost-1_31, to additional include paths
5. Added c:\boost\lib, to additional lib paths
6. Added some Boost.Thread code to the application
7. Compile, link, run.

All works as expected. No compile, or link, errors. Only error was at runtime,
as expected, because it could not find "boost_thread-vc71-mt-gd-1_13.dll". As
I did not add c:\boost\lib to the PATH.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything