From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-27 17:55:12

Hi Arkadiy,

Thanks for your praises!

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Martes, Enero 27, 2004 9:04 pm
Asunto: [boost] Indexed set library
[snip]

> I am wondering what the current state of the library is. I
> thought the
> formal review has been requested -- is this correct? Anything new
> sincethen?

Formal review was requested in December. The pending
list is rather long, so I don't know when/if I'll be
admitted for review.

In the meantime the library is being augmented in
two directions:

* There was a query some months ago about the possibility
of having "sequence sets" implemented with indexed_set
(see http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg58666.php
for details). I wrote a fast sketch of a new type of index
called "sequenced" with which sequence sets can easily be
constructed (see http://tinyurl.com/3dto3). Currently
I'm growing this sketch into a full-fledged implementation
for future inclusion into the library. The main problem
is a lot of doc rewriting is necessary, since the original
documentation was too focused on regular set-like indices.
* A volunteer has begun studying the possibility of
implementing hashed indices. I cannot say how long this
will take.

Regards,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo