From: Sean Kelly (sean_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-29 17:01:52

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Jeff Garland wrote:

> I'm hoping you'll have looked at
>
> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BoostSocket
>
> which documents prior work in this on sockets and multiplexing by a variety of
> boosters. The work seems to have stalled out, but there is an implementation
> in the sandbox along with requirements, etc.

Thanks. I was unaware that this had been done, and the design seems
pretty nice. One thing I'd like to clarify though, it seems there are two
models. The basic examples use a stream metaphor to read/write data and
seem as if read operations will block until the data is available. The
other uses an observer pattern to receive events as they occur, which
would be used with multiplexing server implementations. Is this correct?

Sean