From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-31 07:40:09

> That's interesting. Since the compiler is determined before the
> standard library, it would still be possible to put the definition in
> boost/config/stdlib/dinkumware.hpp, like so
>
> #if defined(BOOST_MSVC) && (BOOST_MSVC >= 1310)
> #define BOOST_STD_EXTENSION_NAMESPACE stdext
> #endif
>
> Maybe one should check _CPPLIB_VER for good measure. This sounds
> reasonable. What do you think?

That sounds reasonable, I'll commit the changes to the main development
branch when I get a chance, Intel uses Microsoft's headers (at least I think
they do), so it'll be the same for them, but other vendors that use
Dinkumware don't necessarily do the same thing (although again it's hard to
be definitive).

Thanks,

John