From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-04 03:35:14

"Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote in
> At 07:26 PM 2/3/2004, Andy Little wrote:
> >
> >"David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote
> >
> >> boost::mpl::plus<int_<_1>,int_<_1> >::type.
> >
> >I'd tend to avoid this type of thing personally... 17.4.3.1.2
>
> The second bullet item in 17.4.3.1.2 only applies to the global namespace.

If that is what it is intended to mean then the wording could be improved.

"Each name that begins with an underscore is reserved to the implementation
for use as a name in the global namespace".

To me that reads Dont Use Leading Underscores. Period.

Perhaps you need to lobby to have the wording changed to:

"Each name that begins with an underscore is reserved to the implementation
in the global namespace".

 Even then I think I would find little reason to make use of it.

Whatever... I guess you have more important things to worry about at the
moment so...

NRE
Andy Little