From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-04 08:34:20

--- garcia <garcia_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> (cut from cs-Darwin-links.html)
>
> running...
> Failure in example: from args_ext import *
> from line #1 of __main__
> Exception raised:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File

"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/doctest.py",
> line 441, in _run_examples_inner
> compileflags, 1) in globs
> File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: Failure linking new module:

../../../bin/boost/libs/python/build/libboost_python.dylib/darwin/debug/shared-linkable-true/libboost_python.dylib:
> dyld: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/bin/python2.3
> can't open library:

../../../bin/boost/libs/python/build/libboost_python.dylib/darwin/debug/shared-linkable-true/libboost_python.dylib
> (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

I am not familiar with bjam, so this is just a comment:
Using our own SCons-based build system the Boost.Python library (from the rc3
zip file posted by Beman) incl. all regression tests compile and work without
any problems under both OS 10.2 and 10.3. This suggests that the issues you are
seeing must be due problems in the Jamfiles or bjam toolsets.

Rene: If you need a fast machine (G5, Panther) to look at this you can use your
account on scarlet.lbl.gov.

Ralf