From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-18 12:27:51

Russell Hind <rhind_at_[hidden]> writes:

> And I'm not going to try and force or even request every boost library
> to support bcc32 (many already don't) such as lambda which I would
> love to use.
>
> The only way to stop the above happening is to force every current
> library to always support the compilers it supports now. That may
> severely hamper the development of the library which is a bad thing.

Right now many Boost libraries are supporting lots of compiler (even
older broken ones) with no force at all. I'm not convinced there's
anything we can do here as a matter of policy. Individual library
authors need to decide for themselves when it's time to drop support
for various compilers.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting