From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-18 13:34:12

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Pavol Droba wrote:
> If there would be just one boost::algorithm and everything inside it, than aliasing
> would work just fine. But imagine having
>
> namespace algo=boost::algorithm;
> namespace sa=boost::algorithm::string;
> namespace ca=boost::algorithm::container;
>
> It is easy to get lost in such a lot of namespace. One would have to look into the docs
> to see which algoritm lies in which namespace. It could realy be painful.

I think the subnamespaces are a bad idea. I suggest that

#include <boost/algorithm/string.hpp>
  - Includes all string algorithms, in namespace boost::algorithm

#include <boost/algorithm/container.hpp>
  - Includes all container algorithms, in namespace boost::algorithm

#include <boost/algorithm.hpp>
  - Includes all boost/algorithm/* and imports them all into namespace
"boost" with using declarations.

        Doug