From: Stefan Slapeta (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-18 17:03:57

// -----Original Message-----
// From: boost-bounces_at_[hidden]
// [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Robert Ramey
//
// I'm not sure I'm following all this. Given that you are
// understand what the
// consequences of building and using a static library in this
// context, and you
// decide that they are not a problem for you, what prevents
// you from building
// your own statically linked library and using it in your own projects?
// Wouldn't that solve your whole issue
// Robert Ramey
//

I see two problems:

1. IMHO, it's not possible to create a static thread library without
modifying the boost code (first, disabling the auto_link feature, second,
eliminate the declspec macros in thread/detail/config.hpp).

2. The clear absence of future support for a static thread library (and,
more important than that, for a static runtime library!). I would be glad if
there were a commitment to a static thread library without tss.

Stefan