From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-19 08:39:20

On Thursday 19 February 2004 08:17 am, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Douglas Gregor wrote:
> > On Tuesday 17 February 2004 07:25 pm, Brian McNamara wrote:
> >> - indirect functoids are imbued with "full functoid" features
> >
> > Hmmm, what would this involve? I know that we would need to implement
> > an operator() that supports currying and an operator[] that supports
> > the Lambda stuff.
>
> I don't agree that function<> should support currying. It can lead to
> silent and hard to find bugs.

It seems to me that the currying operator() only gets enabled when the
placeholder '_' or something involving '_' shows up. Assuming we can detect
those reliably, I don't see the problem. (I'm not supporting this on broken
compilers, so I'd be perfectly happy to use enable_if to do it, if
necessary).

Could you give an example of a problem with this?

        Doug