From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-19 09:57:49

"Stefan Slapeta" <stefan_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Michael Glassford wrote:
> > Though I've only built and used the Win32 version of Boost.Thread
so
> > far, it sounds as if static library support should at least be
aded
> > back for non-Win32 platforms, which don't have the dynamic library
> > requirement. Is that correct?
>
> I'm not sure if I understood correctly what you mean.

Sorry. I meant two things:

1) Boost.Thread requires a dynamic library to fix a Win32 problem.

2) Someone, earlier in this thread, I believe, pointed out that the
ability to compile Boost.Thread as a static lib had been removed on
non-Win32 platforms for no reason.

I was suggesting that, if both these facts are true, support for
compiling Boost.Thread as a static library should at least be added