From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-25 01:02:07

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Eric Niebler" <eric_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>Hmmm ... I was aware of the theoretical possibility of this problem,
>>but I didn't know there was actual boost code relying on ADL with
>>std::min/std::max.
>

> I don't see the problem. Wasn't the intention only to replace
> qualified std::min and std::max with (std::min) and (std::max)?

The intention was to remove the min/max hack from win32.hpp, and then
fix all the places where the min/max macros would otherwise wreak havoc.
That isn't limitted to qualified called to std::min and std::max. It
also includes unqualified calls to min/max, and also calls to
numeric_limits<foo>::max, and the declarations and invocations of all
min/max member functions.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting