From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-29 05:43:53

> Phil Richards <news_at_[hidden]> writes:
[snip]
> > So, do we move filesystem to boost::io::filesystem? :-)
>
> Exploring the filesystem is, IMO, conceptually different from doing
> I/O.

At least one other language does think so:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/io/File.html

I agree with you that there is a conceptual difference, but I think the
difference is within the very
broad category of io. Afterall, data from the filesystem propagates into the
running program as a form of input or you may
write a new file which is a form of output.

br

Thorsten